How To Stay Clean and Junk Free
Jun 12, 2023
In our consumer-driven world, it’s almost impossible to avoid accumulating some amount of clutter. When everything is available at the tips of your fingers and often within minutes to hours, we are so much more likely to purchase things on a whim. This undeniably results in much more clutter around our homes. All of this clutter not only takes up valuable space in your home and creates barriers to accessing your things, but it also can have negative impacts on your physical and mental health. Knowing this, it becomes even more important to try and keep your home clean and junk free. This may seem like a daunting task if you have a lot of accumulated items in your home but don’t worry, 1st Class Junk Removal is here to help. Follow the below tips to help achieve a cleaner, more organized home, and at the end, call us to get rid of your junk!
Tips for A Clutter Free Home
- Create a timeline- with any project you take on, creating a timeline is often very helpful. Setting a specific, dated goal can help motivate you to get your project done. Make sure you choose a timeframe that is reasonable; too much or too little time can result in procrastination or simply giving up.
- Make a Schedule- similar to timelines, daily schedules can help break up your project into bite-sized pieces throughout your day that work with your current availability and other responsibilities. Setting aside specific times each day for organizing can help keep you focused.
- Tackle One Space At A Time- once you’ve set a timeline and created a daily schedule, you should begin by focusing on one space at a time. Jumping from room to room will only result in less organization and more frustration.
- Be Picky- getting rid of junk can be hard for some people. Many of us have trouble getting rid of items and tend to think we may end up using them at some point. Be brutal and picky with what items you keep and what items you get rid of. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used it within a year, toss it.
- Be Thoughtful About Storage Areas- where you store your things can be just as important as what you store. Visible storage creates a more cluttered look. Organized storage boxes, cabinets, and other closed storage are great areas to keep stored items tucked away neatly. Make sure each item has a specific space to avoid these storage areas becoming cluttered and inaccessible.
- Call in the Professionals- Once you have followed these steps to achieving a clean and organized home, it’s time to call in the professionals! Specialists at 1st Class Junk Removal can take away all of your unwanted items, making it easier for you to stay clean and organized.
1st Class Junk Removal
Our trained specialists are here to help with all of your junking needs! Call us today to set up a time for a free consultation.